Tuesday, March 21, 2006

You've lost that dirt loving feeling

I'm on my mountain bike for the first time in 5 months. It feels alien and awkward, cramped and twitchy, not an extension of my body as it was many moons ago. Mind you, the circumstance aren't the best - it's around zero degrees and I'm commuting to work - a test ride to make sure everything still works. Mostly pavement, a few scraps of dirt and some curb jumps. Got lobster gloves on, so braking and shifting are a bit fuzzy. In fact, braking is almost non-existent, as my disc brakes have lost pressure or have some other problem, after months of hanging idle on the wall.

Get out at lunch and hit some dirt - although it's often a toxic combination of mud and dog-shit. Got a bit of the feeling back. But yeah can't wait for me and the bike to become one again ... and being two is fun in a sick way too, as you leave the bike careening down the trail and take flight into some bushes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree