Sunday, May 18, 2008

Chainbreaker


Another dusty CB ? Showers were promised but not delivered.... but it wasn't too bad. And had the new Jet9 frame to try out, as the parts from my DosNiner had been tranferred over earlier in the week. Well this bike plain rocked - felt totally at home with the cockpit set up the same, and the buttery smooth ride even resulted in a 2-lap time that was less than 20 seconds off last years pace ! Wtf ? This non-training regimen might actually work ? Well, I think if I'd had to go another mile I might have collapsed, as all muscles went into rigor-mortis mode a few minutes after the race while I was spinning it out trying to de-lactic-acidate. Tried to drink a ton to ward off the crampies, and it worked for the most part, but with the cool temps couldn't assimilate much liquid - it started getting all sloshy in my stomachy - and had to reduce intake. Came across the line with over 20oz left, an annoying weight to have had to carry along the whole ride. But felt great - a little bit weary in middle of 2nd lap, and got passed a bit, but had a great finishing kick and passed a minor nemisis with less than 1k to go, who had called me out at some race last year, and thus is satisfying to beat.

No comments: