Saturday, May 19, 2007

Chainbreaker

Race.
Last year a dust storm, but got a bit of rain day before this year, so was great conditions.
The usual tough Bend crowd.
I managed to squeak into the top half finishers in my class.
2 laps for us. Last year 3, but too many finishers came in over 3.5 hours in Expert 40+, so there were complaints, so they reduced us to 2 this year. But there were lots of complaints over that ! I checked times from last year - just as many slower finishers in the Expert 19-39 as Expert 40+, so no excuse. I didn't care - not the most exciting course, so 2 laps enough. First lap I was 30s faster than last year, and 2nd over 2m faster, but didn't have to conserve for last lap, so probably about the same. Finishing in around 2 hours almost seemed like a sprint.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I_OSk_sQ6o

No comments: